Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday (1)

I got this idea from here. Join in!

What am I cooking? Homemade baked potato soup. Simmering on the stove as I type this. Yum!

What are my weekend plans? We're going trick-or-treating with the Landry girls tomorrow night. I love trick-or-treating and am so grateful that my friend is letting us tag along. Saturday is another home football game! I might skip out on the actual game, but I will definitely attend the tailgate festivities. Sunday we'll relax because our Bradley class is OVER and we don't have to drive an hour and a half on Sundays anymore!

What are my prayer intentions for the day? For Ann and her babies. For baby James. And that God will help me to "know myself in Christ".

What have I done for my marriage this week? Hmm...I made one of Ted's favorite meals a few nights ago, chicken pot pie, even though it's a lot of work. And I moved the computer out of the office so he can study in peace while I blog :)

What am I reading? Birthing From Within-a very, very different approach to childbirth. I'm trying to approach it from all angles. I also just picked up Interior Castle by Teresa of Avila. I bought it when I was a freshman in college and have started it probably five or six times. I finally made it through the first chapter and have hope of actually going farther this time!

What’s challenging me lately? For the first time in my pregnancy, I've started to worry that I won't be able to do it (give birth that is). I'm trying to find a balance between worrying and being realistic about possible outcomes. Ted's been amazing at helping with this, as usual.

Something that made me think? Is this supposed to be profound? Cause I've got nothin'...Well I guess the first chapter of Interior Castle really got me thinking. It made me think about how well I know myself, how aware I am of my sins, and how far I have to go in my walk with Christ.

8 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed Birthing from Within and found it very helpful. Glad Ted is helping you with the work of worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun trick or treating! I hope you have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I made baked potato soup just last week - so delicious!

    Did your Bradley classes go for a full 12 weeks? Ours were condensed to go for just 7 weeks (our last one is tomorrow night) and I kind of wonder if we missed anything. And you will be able to give birth, no matter how the baby ends up coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you dressing up in costume for the trick-or-treating? When my mom was pregnant with my brother she made a pumpkin costume for her and then my sister (2) and I (4) were dressed in matching pumpkin outfits. I still remember that picture and thought it was so cute. I am sure you will look adorable no matter what costume you wear - or are just wearing normal clothes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read about 1/3 of Interior Castle. I really want to pick it back up and read it with concerted reflection.

    I like this post series. I think I will join in next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed that you are reading Interior Castle! I have to say that I am intimidated by it even though I have never physically looked at it. :)
    mmmm I love chicken pot pie! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the Teresa of Avila book, she is a doctor of the church for good reason, smart cookie that one! And I am making chicken pot pie this week too b/c DH loves it so much. Sometimes they are so easy to please aren't they? Just some good comfort food :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!