I really cannot believe I've been blogging for a year. I rarely stick to anything longer than a few weeks, so this is a huge accomplishment for me. I have at least five journals with 3/4 of the pages empty-a commitment I just can't keep.
That's what this blog has become to me. An online journal that is read by tons of other people. I've struggled over the last year knowing I don't know everyone who is reading this. But I've grown to not care. These are my thoughts, passions, feelings, emotions-no matter what anyone's opinion of them may be.
Reading back over the posts of the last year has been such confirmation that this blog was a good decision. I read the posts I wrote while in the midst of infertility and am reminded of the struggle in a way that wouldn't be possible without this blog. I read the posts I wrote in my early pregnancy and realize how much I've already forgotten and how far away it seems. And I seriously cannot wait to write this little baby's birth story, knowing that s/he'll get to read it someday and learn how s/he came into this world.
When I go back and read my earliest entries, I have lots of comments from real life friends and family. I miss those. Shameless request-could ya'll go back to commenting, please? It's good to know who is reading and I value your thoughts. Pretty please?
And to those friends who I don't know in real life-thank you! Without the commenting and support and encouragement from all of you-I wouldn't have stood a chance at keeping up with this blog for an entire year. Don't ever leave me :)
And to those lurkers out there-as a blogiversary gift to me would you click "follow" and join in on the comments! Please and thank you!
I realize that this blog is about to take a significant turn in a few days or weeks (or moments... come on baby! January 31st is a great day to be born!). I'll go from someone who is waiting for a baby to someone who is actually raising a baby. I don't want this blog to become entirely about this little miracle or even solely about motherhood. I want to it to stay the same-my quest to be more like Mary. My journey through my own life and trying to keep God as the center. The ways I go about doing that will change and most certainly revolve around learning to be a godly mother, but I still want to keep my focus.
With that said, I'm going to celebrate my blogiversary with something completely unrelated to babies, Mary, God, or blogging!
My sister-in-law Kate is incredibly talented. She could give Martha Stewart a run for her money and probably will someday. From scrapbooking to floral arrangements to sewing-she is creative and extremely good at what she does. She's started her own small business and sells clutches, purses, and diaper bags on Etsy and at local craft fairs. Lucky for my readers, she's offered to give away one of her beautiful clutches to one of the commenters on this post!
Here's a small sample of what she can do:
So how do you enter this contest you ask? There are two things required of you:
1-Go to K8 Made's Facebook page and Etsy store. Browse her collection of purses, clutches, and diaper bags. Come back and leave a comment telling me which one is your favorite. Yep-you must follow the links to enter. No cheating and mentioning any of the above clutches.
2-Along with your favorite item, in your comment you must leave a prayer request for me to pray for. The prayers of my friends, family, and fellow bloggers have been such a source of peace and grace throughout the past year. I want to thank you by praying for your intentions specifically. I also plan to print out the list and offer up the pain of labor for your intentions. (If you'd like to make your prayer request privately, email me at morelikemary at gmail dot com)
Male readers-please leave a comment too! You can always give the winning purse to your wife/girlfriend/mother. And if you really don't want the purse, please leave a comment with your prayer intention and mention that you don't want to be in the contest.
So there you have it, tell me your favorite K8 Made item and what you would like me to pray for. I'm not putting an end date to the contest just yet as I'm hoping to be on a blogging hiatus and happily consumed with birthing and nursing my sweet baby soon. So just leave a comment as soon as you can and be on the lookout for a future post with the deadline. The winner will be selected randomly and will get to choose any CLUTCH from the K8 Made Etsy site.
Happy Blogiversary!



Happy Blogoversary!!! I'm praying for Baby A to be your gift today. As for the contest, I'll try to post again later.
ReplyDeleteI've only just started reading you blog, so I feel like it would be unfair if I win (someone who has followed your blog longer should!). But I do like the black and white frame clutch...
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm praying that your baby is born soon, you could pray that I get a new job! I don't usually comment on blogs, but I'll always be reading yours!
Happy blogoversary!! I'm only a few months behind you! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that black and white geometric clutch with the pink inside--so cute.
That baby will be here any day now!! Hang in there!!
Oops part two--please pray for peace, clarity and focus for me. My mind is all over the place these days and I'm having trouble routing my focus back to God. I really want to anchor myself there but lately my anchor's been sort of drifting. :) Thanks dear!
ReplyDeleteHappy blogoversary! Your SIL is talented. I like the black and white one the best, but the other ones are so cute, too (and I'm so into pink now). PR would be for my daughter to make it here safe and healthy.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogaversary!!
ReplyDelete1) So many pretty choices: I would like the Envelope Clutch ~ Shannon
2) Peace regarding vocation; home for now but with an open heart for when God might call me back into the job force.
Praying these last days/weeks go smoothly
Happy Blogiversary! How fun would it be if your baby was born on your blogiversary:)
ReplyDeleteLike Amanda said, I've only just started reading your blog, but would still love to jump on the contest bandwagon, if that's okay. Your sister-in-law is extremely talented and I really like the black frame Clutch purse. So cute!
As for prayers, would you mind praying for a healthy rest of my pregnancy for me? Thanks so much!
Happy blog-o-versary!!!!! Why don't you have a baby to celebrate? :)
ReplyDeleteWOW your SIL is talented! Those are amazing!!!! On the FB page I love love love the pink diaper bag. WOW!!!! On the ETSY page I like the grey herringbone clutch.
Prayer request: FINALIZATION BABY!!!
Kaitlin, could you please pray for Leo's health and especially a successful surgery? And also that I can keep up the pumping until his surgery. And possibly that he'll get better at breastfeeding :)
ReplyDeleteYou are Awesome! I'm so excited for you!
I Seriously love labor!!
Her clutches are Beautiful. I like the black and white One :)
I can't believe it's been a year! You and I started out blogs only 2 days apart. :) I'm planning a giveaway for mine too!
ReplyDeleteYour SIL is very talented! I love the solid black frame clutch that has a black bow on the front. Beautiful!
Can I give you two things to pray for? One is a healthy baby and smooth labor. The other is finances. I hate to talk about finances but I'm feeling a little stressed.
Thanks for the prayers! I'll be praying for you a whole lot of the next several days/weeks. Praying that you have smooth labor and get to meet your little one soon!
I'm in love with the Becca, Kim, AND Shannon. Wow. I've seen her page before-- I think someone else I know linked to it or knows her.
ReplyDeletePrayer: sick kids have been the norm around here, off and on, for the past two weeks. I need prayers for good health for the whole family!
Good Morning! I'll have to say that I LOVE the Katie and the Kim.
ReplyDeleteFor my prayer request, my brother's friend Lindsey is getting a huge tumor removed tomorrow, with the procedures starting today. She's from my hometown in Missouri, but is living in California for the next few months. The tumor is on her brain, and is already affecting her speech and movement. Lindsey is about 19 or 20. To any reader, please pray for Lindsey! Thanks!
I am so new to blogging and I didnt even there was such a thing! Happy blogoversary!!!
ReplyDeleteThe blue diaper bag and its accessories are adorable! Please pray that Baby Blondie continues to grow well and has a safe and smooth birth. Also, please pray that D will soon return to church.
ReplyDeleteI love the cross body purse the "Samantha"! So CUTE! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Bloggversary! I like the Cross Body bag.
ReplyDeleteprayer intention - for help us determine the proper course for our childrens' education
Hurrah for your one year anniversary! The internet world would be a colder place without "More Like Mary!"
ReplyDeleteMy fav, black and white clutch purse.
prayer intention: for Baby Skylar to get baptized.
Ok, so I had to come back because I just noticed the diaper bags and purses on Facebook. Do you know if she plans on adding these to her Etsy Shop? My Aunt wants me to pick out a nice diaper bag that she will get me. Hers are beautiful! I would definitely love to buy one of hers!
ReplyDeleteYay! Sp pretty!
ReplyDeleteI really like the the black and white clutch with pink lining (the Jennifer, I believe)and the Ellen 2!! They're so cute it was hard to decide!!!
As for a prayer intention-that my hubby and I will concieve! :)
Praying for you as well!! Can't wait to "meet" your little miracle!!
How beautiful!
ReplyDelete1) I love the "frame clutch" on the Etsy page!
2) If you could pray for my daughter Cecily who is spending a semester in Italy and has been having a VERY stressful time so far (it takes her a while to adjust to new situations, and the lost baggage does not help).
Can't wait to see that baby any day now!!
PS, it was the silvery, Victorian frame clutch...
ReplyDeleteHi--just a lurker here commenting for the first time. I'm a Catholic mother of three littles. I just wanted to let you know I love your blog--your trust in God's plan is inspiring.
ReplyDeleteTheresa
Hi, just a quiet reader over here. I might have commented a couple times before. I love your blog and I am praying for you and baby!
ReplyDeleteI really like the Envelope Clutch- Kim.
I have two prayer requests. One is that I become more clear on my future vocation. The other is for a friend who is struggling with addictions to alcohol. Thank you!
I love this one; it would be perfect for my iPhone!
ReplyDeletePrayer request - please pray for my good friend Abbi and my sister Bethany, both of whom are pregnant (Abbi is due at the end of Feb; Bethany is due in May). Bethany is pregnant after 3 miscarriages so this pregnancy is fraught with anxiety for her. Also pray for me that I will accept God's will in all circumstances. Thank you. :)
Hey - I still comment - even if it's only about how your baby's not coming for another two weeks...
ReplyDeleteI looked at the store, but I still really like that first pic you posted.
And I'm sure you know what prayer request I still have... Gernanium Dr.
Happy Blogoversary!
ReplyDeletePrayers being sent your way that Baby arrives safely & SOON!
I don't comment on many blogs, yet, I'm the shy type (well, sort of!) and have just been "stalking" for awhile but I'm getting better about commenting.
My favorites are the Envelope Clutch - Laura (I have been so into owls lately) and the black clutch with the ruffles on it.
Please pray for my continued weight loss so we can start working with our Dr. again.
-S
So fun! My favorite is the black and white clutch purse!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are so so sweet for wanting prayer intentions. I have to confess that I only thought about offering my suffering up like once during labor, but you're more holy than I :) I did try to offer up a couple intentions when breastfeeding was really painful, though, and that was good. Anyway, my prayer request would be for my friends and their son Timmy, who was born in September with all kinds of problems and has still not left the hospital. They're such good people and I want so bad for him to be healed, at least enough to go home!
WOW she is really good!!!!!! Holy cow! I "liked" her page on facebook! love it all! I am having a hard time picking a favorite, is it okay if I pick two? The Laura one with the owl pin on it (SO cute and just something different from "the usual")...and the black and white geometric one that I see a lot of people are liking ;) because not only is it cute but it would also go with a lot of things... ooo but I also like the gray herringbone one! See? So indecisive. haha. Yeah maybe I would get the gray herringbone if I won...;) Whoops I picked three and I was supposed to pick one. I hope this doesn't get me disqualified!
ReplyDeleteAs for a prayer request - please pray for peace and faith in Gods will for myself and my husband. Hopefully we will be TTC soon, post-surgery-cycle-pending :-D
Happy Blogiversary!!! Hopefully Happy Birthday to the baby, too! :)!!! hugs!!!!
Hi! I've followed your blog for several months and it's always such an inspiration to me! One of my new year's resolutions is to be less of a lurker, so I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it's been to follow your journey with your baby, and I've been praying your little one arrives sooner rather than later :)
ReplyDeleteThe clutches are all so beautiful! I love the Becca and the Laura.
My prayer request is for several of my friends who are discerning whether they have vocations to religious life or to marriage.
Hey friend. Well I just wanted to say I am one of your REAL friends that does read and commment on many of your posts. I love reading your thoughts and documenting your journey of your life. I looked at your cousin's etsy shop and her facebook page. I love the diaperbag that is baby blue and brown that has a pattern that is like locks. LOVE IT and would be awesome to carry for my baby boy. I love the all of the black and white clutches that she has. I often carry black purses so any of them would go wonderfully. I HOPE I WIN. Will be looking for your next post to see who the winner is.....please pray for Hudson to start sleeping through the night. I have been sick and need some good sleep and am unable to get good sleep with him waking up multiple times in the night. Thanks...love you and miss you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogiversary! I can not believe it has been a year! I used to comment and somewhere along the line i stopped. I promise to do better! I'm anxiously awaiting your blog on the birth of the baby! Kate is super talented--I love um all! But the black and white is pri my favorite.
ReplyDeleteAs far as prayer requests--Two members of our extended church family are in crisis. One is waiting for tests regarding cancer and the other fell on his head, cracking his skull. He is now in a coma, and we are praying he will wake up soon!
Kaitlin,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that I'm still here, still following your blog and praying for you, Ted and the baby. Can't wait to get that phone call from your Mom (she'd better call me!)
I'll let someone else get your special give away but I will add my prayer request for you since I know you're a terrific prayer. Just keep Emily in your prayers, that she has a long, happy and healthy life.
i read, but i'm often too lazy to sign in.
ReplyDeletei like to lurk too. i'm bad about lurking. lol.
the purses are cute!
my prayer request is to get the internet turned back on at my house. Silly, I know, but it's hard teaching online classes without the internet! And I just feel weird sitting and bumming internet from Barnes and Noble without buying a coffee. Lol.
yay! I am SO glad you started blogging... you're the best!
ReplyDeleteLet's see...
I love them all, but I think this one is just lovely...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59875046/clutch-purse-lindsey-2
I also love the grey clutch purse #1 you posted... LOVE IT!
I have a very special intention with regards to a friend that I would be grateful for prayers for.
And, prayers for MM and I, that he'd return safely and soon and that God's will would be done in our relationship.
Blessings, sweet mama!
Happy blogoversary!!
ReplyDeleteI really like the Katie. It's so adorable!!
My prayer request: for the conversions of D,C,D,and R.
God love you!
Hppy blogoversary! I know how you feel and can't believe I have stuck with blogging that long either. Please pray for dh, that he will learn and follow the church's teachings especially related to TOB. And pray for me, that I can wrap up my dissertation and put school behind me once and for all! I won the last giveaway, so I will pass on this one but the purses are super cute!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea, Kaitlin!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is definitely the Samantha cross-body purse. And for my prayer request...Please pray that God will reveal His plan for me for after graduation! Thank you! :-)
Love the clutches! My favorite is the Clutch Purse - Becca ...perhaps I'll have to order one if I don't win :) I'd love some prayers for my little sister who's having some marriage problems.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fun giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI am smitten over the Lindsay 2 clutch. It looks so very vintage...as if I know what I'm talking about...
Thanks for requesting prayer requests! I'm actually only a couple weeks behind you in the pregnancy of our second child. We would love some prayers for a safe and healthy baby and delivery. The first one was only 3 hours and I'm a little scared this one is going to be born in the car (!) Let's hope not...yeesh.
Thanks again! Even though we've never met, please know you and your baby are in my prayers!
Happy blog-anniversary!!
ReplyDelete1. I love all of the clutches. My favorite is the Clutch Purse that is red with three flowers on it. My favorite color is red so I was drawn to it. :)
2. If you could pray for my husband and I. We have been trying to have a baby and have been hitting a lot of bumps. Praying for a little miracle.
3. Cannot wait to hear about the delivery of your lil one.
Praying for you. God Bless.
Happy Blogiversary! :) Can't wait to hear about the new baby - praying for a safe and healthy delivery for you!!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, they are all adorable. But my favorite is the black and white one with the pink lining. I'm loving pink these days... my husband is calling me a pink-a-holic, haha.
Prayer request - just scheduled my surgery for Feb 23rd, so please pray for a successful one! Or, that, miracle of miracles, I don't need surgery because we're expecting. :D
Happy Blogoversary! Your SIL is very very talented!!! :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the Ellen 2, but I also really love the black and white one with the star pattern. :) It didn't have a name.
If you could please continue to pray for the prayer request you already have for me! ;) Thank you, my dear prayer warrior!
I have been praying for a safe and healthy delivery for you! You, Ted, and baby are in my thoughts a lot these days, and I can't wait to hear the news!! :)
happy one year :) i didn't realize how quickly after you started your blog you got pregnant!
ReplyDelete1) Ok, I like the Ellen 2 clutch
2) Please pray for us to meet our baby soon...we're tired of waiting. Also, please pray for our job situation, we just found out a lot of things are up in the air.
Thanks!!
Praying for you & baby!
ReplyDeleteI like the bright colors on the Kim clutch.
Could you please pray for my health and the growth of our family? Thank you so much!!
Okay, I love those clutches!! I had a hard time picking, but I really like the red on with the big flower embellishments! So cute! And for my prayer request, I know you read my blog post the other day about losing my husband's brother 2 years ago, and really my mother in law and her husband just need as many prayers as they can get right now. Such a hard time of the year for them.
ReplyDeleteYOU look gorgeous by the way! Won't be much longer and you'll have a sweet baby in arms :)
Happy Blogiversary! Coming out of the shadows of a blog fast for you - my dear Kaitlin! I still remember when you e-mailed a few of us about the spotting....oh my goodness, the little one is almost here. God Bless you and I am so glad you started your blog! You have been a great encouragement and support through my own journey and I am glad we met via the cyber world.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to prayer requests, could you please pray for my special intentions. God will know what they are. Peace, my friend, peace...Marie
Katie,
ReplyDelete1. Happy Blogiversary!
2. You are so thoughtful and generous to be thinking of others when we should be celebrating you! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts, prayers, pains, and celebrations here. I'm grateful for you voice and friendship!
3. I love the black and white clutch purse on the Etsy page. So classy!
4. Please pray for us as we are nearing the closing on our home. We would really appreciate that!
5. We are thinking of you and praying for you every day!
Happy blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteCould I add my sister-in-law to your list of intentions? She has just found out she is pregnant. Thanks!
The Blue Diaper Bag on FB (pic 19) - in truth all are gorgeous!
ReplyDeletePlease pray that my husband's heart is softened and fears dispelled regarding the international special needs adoption I proposed to him last weekend! Thanks for prayers while having your precious one!
I love the black and white small clutch!
ReplyDeleteMy PR would be for our little family and that God willing we are able to add to in in the future.
second PR (can I do that?) Is for the IF gals in our little community, that they are blessed with babies in this coming year!
Envelope Clutch - Bethany
ReplyDeleteThat God's will be done in our lives as we contemplate a big move this summer.
A very happy blogiversary.
ReplyDelete1-Envelope clutch-bethany
2-I posted this on the wrong blog entry originally. Whoopsie. But I would really be very grateful if you would pray for a heart for conversion in Daniel. Thank you. This is significantly more important to me than the clutch.
Happy Blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteI've just started reading your blog but you should know that I'm really enjoying it, and can see that I'm not the only one!
I loved the icyblue damask print frame clutch, It's so beautiful but I actually missed it the first time I looked through them!
The Catholic Campus Center here at The University of Kansas is having a student lead retreat called Koinonia in a month and I would really appreciate it if you could pray for those of us putting on the retreat and those that will be attending it.
God bless you!
Happy Blogiversary! And congratulations, again!
ReplyDeleteShe has so many cute things but my favorite is the ellen 2 envelope clutch - it would be perfect for my favorite time of year, Fall!