Preschoolers are a pretty funny bunch of kids in general. Throw in a big pregnant belly and things really get interesting!
Here are just a few of my favorite comments from my preschoolers during my pregnancy:
Kid 1: Are you gonna have a baby??
Me: Yes! How did you know?
Kid 1: Ummmm (turning bright red and too embarrassed to answer)
Kid 2: Cause your belly so big!
Kid: How did the baby get in there?
Me: All babies start growing in their mamas tummies. (ok, so I didn't actually answer his question....)
Kid: How is the baby gonna come out?
Me: Um, well...
Kid: Oh I know-you go to the doctor.
Me: Yes-that is exactly right. (Whew!)
Kid: Can the baby hear me?
Me: She sure can!
Kid: Arf Arf! She just heard me bark!
Me: My baby is in my tummy just like you were in your mommy's tummy.
Kid: No-I grew up in my daddy's tummy.
Me: Hmm, I don't know about that.
Kid: I did! He told me!
While playing a matching game, one kid got a picture of a watermelon. He looked at the watermelon....and looked at my belly....looked at the watermelon....and looked at my belly. Ha!
Kid: What's your baby's name?
Me: We don't know yet. What do you think we should name it?
Kid: Carter David Miller! (Which was, of course, his name! Obviously not his real name though-no HIPPA violation for me!)
Kid: I can hear your baby. He's crying. I think he wants to come out.
Every Kid: Is it a boy or a girl?
Me: I don't know yet! What do you think it is?
Every single boy: A boy!
Every single girl: A girl!
Kid: When you have your baby will you bring him to school and show me?
Me: No, I can't bring the baby, but I'll bring you a picture!
Kid: Can I keep the picture for myself!? (So sweet!)
Just a day in the life of a pregnant speech pathologist!
Oh my goodness, those children are so precious!!! What a wonderful job you have! I smiled all the way through this post!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was pregnant with baby Drew, it was exceedingly hard to answer Mary when she said, "Baby Drew is growing in Mama's belly, and I grew in your belly too!"
ReplyDeleteUhhhh.
Not so much.
(Try explaining THAT to a 3 year old, haha!)
I've gotten a few funny comments too as a teacher! I think the funniest are the "are you pregnant" questions. What gave it away!? ;) Yesterday, my friend's 3 year old sat in front of my belly (close enough for her nose to be touching it) and yelled at Noah to come out and play! SO cute!
ReplyDeletePriceless!! Love the watermelon "look"...so funny!!
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA HA HA!!!!! I LOVE THESE!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe watermelon is particularly funny in light of your pregnancy tracker on this blog... :)
Too cute! I had one of my kids ask me if I was pregnant in front of everyone weeks ago. (I'm blaming it on the empire dress.) We were getting ready to tell family, but hadn't done so yet, so I did the only thing I could do. LIE . . . right there in Church. Heaven help me!
ReplyDeleteToo funny!
ReplyDeleteHow cute. :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you wrote these down. You will laugh at them for years to come!
ReplyDelete'Love the barking kid! I wish I could tell your baby "you're going to have a great life" and he would hear me too!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, kids really do say the funniest things. I'm a children's librarian, and my preschoolers are always cracking me up during storytime. I can't wait to hear what they have to say when I'm more obviously pregnant!
ReplyDeleteI love this! This is the part I miss so much about working with children. It's not so much the job itself, it's how adorable the little ones are. :)
ReplyDeleteDo they just make your day!! I teach 7th and 8th but during my off times, I'm always sneaking down to the preschool to visit...they are hilarious!
ReplyDeleteLoved this, particularly the barking ;-)
ReplyDeleteThe barking kid cracked me up!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was pregnant with my 2nd, I loved when a preschool classmate of my older son asked me "Do you take it in the shower with you?"
ReplyDelete