Friday, January 21, 2011

Quick Takes (18)


-1-
I'll warn ya right now that these will probably be all baby related. It's just so dang hard to think about anything else at the moment!

-2-
We've discovered that Ted can hear the baby's heartbeat! He laid his head on my belly the other night and distinctly heard that precious "womp, womp, womp". So of course we counted it and it was about the same as at our last appointment. SO COOL! I'm insanely jealous. I obviously cannot contort even my non-pregnant body to rest my head on my stomach. I'll just have to settle with him tapping out the beat for me before we go to bed at night.

-3-
I feel great. Like really, really great. I'm not sure why-considering I felt awful at 33-34 weeks. I was so worried about making it through the rest of the pregnancy feeling that way-but those aches and pains are gone. I know this could change at any moment-but I'm sleeping comfortably and can now bend over the sink to wash my face. Two major blessings!

-4-
Baby is head down!! Praise the Lord!

-5-
We have our final meeting with our doula tonight. I'm excited. She's awesome.

-6-
Ted and I have never put much emphasis on our due date. We generally tell people "February" and only give them the date if they press for more information. This baby will come when she wants and I don't want February 2nd to come and go with tears and frustration and impatience when there's not a baby in my arms.

Amazingly, this mindset seems to be working. I'm finding myself sad over the fact that I still have three-four weeks to go, rather than being excited about having less than two! I told my doctor this and he thought it was wonderful. He encouraged me to keep thinking that way so I can handle the impatience that comes with a "late" baby.

Birth dates not due dates. Birth dates not due dates. Birth dates not due dates. Repeat it with  me! Birth dates not due dates!

-7-
Ted I have been walking almost every evening, but it's pretty cold today. We need to get light bulbs from Lowe's so we're going to turn the trip into our exercise for the evening! Thanks for the great idea Alisha!

We'll probably end up combining exercise with pretending to build a house and pick out paint samples, kitchen counters, and refrigerators while we're at it...

What are YOUR weekend plans??

15 comments:

  1. ohhh, the fact that you are feeling better sounds like you have dropped! Yeah! That means even if it is 3 weeks, at least you can bend over. So excited for your blessing, whenever she comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretending to build a house is one of our favorite activities! And YES babies have God whispering in their ears, telling them when it's time to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm sitting here at 31 weeks wondering how I'm going to make it. This little one is so high up in my lungs that I can't find a position that makes it easy to breathe. This gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so neat Ted can hear the baby. R tries every night.

    We are doing the same thing with the due date and just say June, but everyone presses for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you both had fun tonight!
    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to respond to each one of these individually, then I realized that my response was going to be basically the same for everyone: Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, not focusing on the due date sounds like a really good idea! My sisters both have had such hard times when their due dates come and go. So glad you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are getting closer each day, I can imagine how very excited you both must be. I pray everything goes super smooth for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAHHH!! Your due date is Feb. 2nd?? That's my birthday! Praying for a fellow groundhog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. #2 So fun that T can hear baby's heartbeat. Okay, so it is kind of early for this but at some point in your child's life you will end up with a Fisher Price toy doctor's kit which has a stethoscope...you should just go ahead and buy it now ;) The stethoscope works great for hearing baby move around and for hearing the heartbeat (at least at this point) too!! ;) That way you can get in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun! You are on the homestretch, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good mantra! Birth date not due date. The postdate days are hard but much easier if you anticipate them as inevitable.

    Henry got a Fisher-Price doctor kit for Christmas if you need to try it out...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am enjoying this pre-birth time so much! I am just so dang happy for you. And that is so cool about the heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! If you ever want a different walking buddy at Lowes - just call!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with the first commenter - sounds as if the baby might have dropped. I remember how relieving that felt when it happened to me. The birth might happen earlier than you expect...but you're definitely right in not letting yourself "expect" any particular date. All in God's time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!