Here's our Christmas 2010 by the numbers:
38.5... hours that Ted and I didn't leave the house. From getting home from Christmas Eve Mass at 6:00 pm on the 24th to leaving for Sunday morning Mass at 8:30 am on the 26th. We enjoyed our Christmas in the comfort of our own place this year.
3... tears that fell down my cheeks during Christmas Eve Mass because my baby was still in my tummy and not in my arms. I know, I know-ridiculous. I just want to meet him so badly!
16... hours of a round trip that we DIDN'T travel this year! I missed seeing friends and family, but boy was it nice to not be in the car that long!
4... hours that it was actually snowing on Christmas morning! Ted and I woke up around 9:00 to a beautiful, white Christmas right here in Mississippi! Apparently, it started at 8:00 and by noon it had completely stopped and melted away. No sign was left indicating it had ever snowed! 4 hours was plenty of time for us to get some pictures though. We knew we'd need proof for our friends who left town for the holidays!
6... issues of Pond Boss that will be arriving at our front door this year for Ted's enjoyment.
14... karats in my new white gold necklace. I lost the chain Ted gave me for our first Christmas together in 2005 and haven't been able to wear my Miraculous Medal or any other necklace since I lost it. I'm so happy to be able to wear them again-even if I'll have to take it off permanently when I start nursing...
5... delicious meals prepared by me and Ted for the holidays. Beef stew, breakfast casserole, baked potato soup, pork chops, and a turkey breast. We're still eating leftovers! Yum!
6... hours that my family traveled to see us on the day after Christmas. It just wouldn't have been the same without them.
6... little Wii characters created to look exactly like us. Ted's was as tall and skinny as we could make him, mine was as short and fat as it gets. Jackie's looked remarkably like her with her blue eyes and freckles and my dad's side part and brown hair was perfect!
178... my record setting score in Wii bowling! That was only game my back could handle.
50+... presents around the tree for the annual family gift exchange. My mom outdoes herself every year.
16... gigabytes of internal memory in our new video camera!! I can't wait to capture every amazing thing our little miracle is sure to do!
4... people that got webcams for Christmas so we can Skype with the new grand-baby. All four sisters/aunts already had one and now all the grandparents (and us!) have one too!
16... hours of old home movies that my mom organized and burned to DVDs. By far, the best Christmas present I've ever received.
2... inches of gap between my two front teeth when I was in 6th grade. Yikes!
1,457... times Jackie and I sang "Who Put the Bop" and performed a stellar dance routine for the camera.
25... years it took me to realize that the song is actually called "Who Put the BOMP"! I just googled it-seriously!?
35... sugar cookies decorated.
3... the dimension in which we enjoyed the latest Narnia movie. Voyage of the Dawn Treader was great, but I could have done without the 3D.
15,396... calories in each one of our Mugshots burgers. And oh so worth every single one!
2... attempts at getting a great family pictures using the camera timer. Not too bad!
3... weeks that it took Ted to realize the person we'd been praying for every night was the same person in the cute Christmas card photo!
It was an honor to pray for Lauren at Magnify the Lord With Me during the Advent season. Lauren-you are an inspiration to me. Your trust in the Lord and faith in our Church are so admirable. The love you have for your daughter and your desire to be the best parent possible to her is something I hope to emulate soon. I hope you liked the rosary I sent you-I bought the same one for myself as a reminder to pray for you when I use it.
Merry Christmas!

What a fun way to recap Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteAnd...you are one cute pregnant lady! :)
1. You are adorable! :)
ReplyDelete2. I love the Bud light with dinner.
3. How wonderful that your family could visit.
4. Can't wait to meet your cute little one! :)
I love it all!! What a fantastic Christmas with your family! You are so blessed, and I just love the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!! It's gonna be a good one. ;)
Love it all! And you are just too adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh, and for 31 years I've also thought it was "Bop." Oops.
Glad your Christmas was merry and white!
You look great! Glad Christmas was good and happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI love your posts by the numbers!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU for your prayers this Advent!!! HA HA for Ted making the connection! Our big court date is scheduled for...WEDNESDAY! TWO DAYS! That's the TPR- not finalization, but a HUGE milestone. YEA!!!
I'm so honored that you prayed for me!!!
Oh Kaitlin, you're getting soooo close! It's getting so exciting (since you're 5 weeks ahead of me) which means I'm getting close too! Of course you and DH are absolutely adorable and so YOUNG. 'Loved your last "just the two of us" Christmas photo together...so dang sweet...
ReplyDeleteIs that a bud light beer belly you're sporting?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Christmas! I love all the pictures and your family is just adorable. This was my first year (and you know how OLD I am) to ever have a white Christmas down here. I was amazed!
Cry! This is so sweet it makes me cry! I love you guys. You are so filled with joy and God's radiance.
ReplyDeleteHi Kaitlin,
ReplyDeleteI just started reading your blog and wanted to say a quick hello.
BTW, where did you get those cute maternity sweaters??
Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy. I know how anxious it can be waiting for the baby, but he or she will be here before you know it!
God Bless,
Jennei
Hi Jennie! Welcome!
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, they're not maternity sweaters-they're sweater dresses!! I guess they're supposed to be worn super shot with tights and boots by skinny girls-by the time they go over my belly they don't even cover my butt! I got them at a consignment store for less than 10 bucks!!
You are SO cute, Kaitlin! I love your bump.
ReplyDeleteSweater dresses, what a good idea! Haha, well, they look super cute on you.
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm really embarassed I spelled my name wrong at the end, haha. That's what I get for trying to type with a baby in my arm.:)
Many of these companies supply refinancing plans at great rates that enable you to take out a loan for the full amount of ones remaining balance (penalties integrated) Loans are getting to be very popular throughout world, specially due to the availability of things MBAis�the�best�course�to�enter�the�business�sector flv blaster Another pre-requisite essentially should carry an active nonetheless valid lender checking account Membership expenses $25 a year for college students and helpers, while industry experts pay $50 per year These kinds of web-sites not only find the tough function out of searching for your legit funds enhance, but they also allow you to to get your loan from the bank at the best price around
ReplyDelete