We just got home from our Christmas vacation to Missouri. Whew.
We were 31 weeks pregnant when we left. 33 on the return. I looked, walked, and complained like I was about a week past my due date. We fielded comments like "So you only have about two weeks to go?" by responding, "Ummmm, try two months."
16 total days
4 flights (one layover each way)
6 towns visited
6 Christmases attended
1 hour round trip to get some unexpected bloodwork done
7 different napping locations for Hannah
3 separate occasions of unpacking and re-packing
we.....are.......tired.
To help me get through this next week, I thought I'd type out my to-do list instead of scribbling it on a piece of scrap paper.
The Non-Negotiables:
-go to my doctor's appointment tomorrow
-go to the chiropractor if baby is still breech
-buy groceries
-feed family
The Should-be-Done's:
-call the bank about that charge
-call butchers about hamburger prices
-tour hospital
-revise birth plan
-unpack
-upload pictures and videos from the trip
and What I Wish my To-Do List Consisted of/What I Will Probably Actually be Doing:
-find a way to watch the Downton Abby season premier online since I was too busy packing to watch it
-catch up on my favorite blogs
-convince Ted that I now need a daily prenatal massage
-update my blog header with cute pictures in the snow
-use movie gift cards to watch Les Miserables a second time
-meet friends at the zoo (seriously- it's going to be in the high 70's this week!)
Shall we take a vote? Which to-do list do you think I should follow?
While I know that the practical things are important, it's also true that in 2 months you won't be able to do many of those things - going to the zoo, going to the movies (hah!) yes, do those things now while you can! So, I recommend all of the above in moderation.
ReplyDeletePrenatal massages for everyone! haha :)
ReplyDeletep.s. still haven't seen Les Mis but everyone's reactions to it have me frothing at the mouth to see it! ugh.
Find time to watch Downton Abbey!! :)
ReplyDeleteMy vote:
ReplyDeleteFrom list one: #s 1 and 3
From list two: #s 5 and 6
From list three: #s 1 through 6
And, not to sabotage your combox, but Erin Flannigan, could you email me? If in fact, you are the Erin J. that I worked with at FUS in the Theology office? bdmartinek at gmail dot com
Haha-thanks Deb! I bet she is that Erin J-I'll email her in case she didn't get the follow up comments.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I think you deserve to do everything from your last list! One each week ;) Just as long as you're able to take some time for you before this baby comes...that time is the best, in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I am impressed by all your travels this Christmas! You were busy! Best of luck (and prayers) to you for the rest of this pregnancy :)