Happy Due Date to us! Only a few hours left in the day, so I'm going to safely assume that this baby will not be coming on the 24th. Today's my dad's birthday too-bummer. But even though there isn't a gooey baby in my arms, today was still a great day. First, Mass. Linking up here again-I guess I'm officially hooked.
Dress: Gap Maternity-free from a friend during one of our awesome clothing exchanges. Best idea EVER! It's the same dress I wore to Mass last Sunday. And to my baby shower the day before that....I better not have to wear it next Sunday.
Sweater-Maurices, years ago.
Tights: Walmart
Shoes: consignment
Undershirt: Half-tees. Best invention ever.
Do gray and brown even match? I wasn't sure. But I don't like the way this dress looks with black either. If I had white tights and shoes-I would have gone with that.
Hannah's dress: Calvin Kline-consignment. Obviously.
Tights: Walmart
Sweater: Children's Place
Shoes: Babies R Us. Too small. Dangit-the girl needs all new shoes.
And now, for a 40 week bump picture:
Significantly bigger than Hannah's 40 week picture. But my face isn't puffy yet like it was then. I DID have to take my wedding ring off yesterday. That happened the day before labor with Hannah. So here's hoping something's gonna happen soon!
The rest of the day was spent napping and relaxing on the back porch. This evening, Ted and I were able to go out for our traditional Due Date Night. It's a tradition if you do it twice right?
Dress: Same! I wore it with a cute white sweater that I forgot to put on for the picture. I had some cute shoes to go with it, but ended up wearing my comfy athletic flip flops. I doubt anyone cared....
Our wonderful friends watched Hannah for us so we could wallow in the fact that we're still pregnant enjoy each other's company before the baby takes over our lives. First, we joined the 40 Days for Life campaign and prayed outside the local abortion clinic. Unfortunately, it was lightning and hailing during our hour-so we had to pray from the car. We parked in the clinic's parking lot (probably not supposed to do that...) and it really hit me hard to think how many women sat in their cars in that very spot. Wondering if they should go in. Scared. Confused. Pressured. The irony of me sitting there with my 40 week belly was not lost. Hopefully we can go back again after the baby's born. Preferably when it's not hailing.
We finished the date with delicious steaks, great conversation, and 5 glasses of blackberry sweet tea (all for me).
Prayers appreciated for the week that lies ahead of us! A doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, a visit with an acupuncturist in the afternoon. But my fingers are still crossed that something will happen tonight and we'll get to skip both of those...
Congratulations on reaching your due date! I'm 0/3 in that regard, though only 3 days early last time. You look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Looking at your belly pic, I have to marvel at the human body. I can't wait to hear the good news! Prayers for you as you await your "gooey baby" (love it!)
ReplyDeleteYou look so amazing! Just happy and glowing and terrific in that pretty maxi dress!
ReplyDeletePrayers promised!
I just can't take the cuteness of you and your daughter posing together!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you both for praying at the abortion clinic. <3
Keeping you and your fam in my prayers as you await your little one's arrival!
You and your daughter are just too cute together in that "bump" picture!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for a quick, safe and healthy delivery!
Those pictures of you and Hannah are absolutely adorable!:) Praying that everything goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to have a date night right before baby arrives. I've been really trying to be in the moment lately with Paul and Thomas, knowing that things will change so much so soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you! Keep us updated.
For such a little chicken wang, your belly is HUGE girl!
ReplyDeleteI bet you are ready!
:)
Dep gratias. i will carry your intentions with me into my labor. ALL FOR!
ReplyDeleteYou and Hannah are just too cute, and I'm just so happy for you as you get ready to welcome your second. You'll be in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteYou look wonderful!! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHope you can skip both appointments today! Just out of curiosity, acupuncture for induction or OP? Good luck either way. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!! Can't wait to see the little sweetie! :) Praying for your week ahead...
ReplyDeleteGray and brown is one of my favorite combos and I wear it all the time - so you're all good there. But I'm hoping you won't have to wear that dress next week, too.
ReplyDeletePrayers for you today and the rest of the week! (I'm thinking boy...)
I hope you go into labor today (it's my bday) and not too much later! You look amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you and Hannah (side view) is priceless!! I LOVE IT!!
ReplyDeleteso fun to go out with Ted on a date! Might not happen any time soon!!
Still praying and offering up my crosses for you...and hoping that Feb 27th (my bday) is the same one as your sweet baby!!
I love the pictures, so precious! Can't wait to see the new sweet baby.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous! I have a theory about how to tell when a woman is getting close to going into labor. I think you are very close!!
ReplyDeleteThat profile picture of little Hannah with you is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Her face! She looks so pleased. Blessings to you as you near meeting another beautiful baby face to face! You look amazing. : )
ReplyDeleteGrey and brown totally go together! But you're right... I never really know. Who cares, when you're 40 weeks pregnant, you can get away with most anything fashion-related so I think you're good. :D I hope you don't have to wait much longer for that little one!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your next little one! I love the idea of a due date night; it's totally a tradition if you do it twice ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope the baby decides to come soon for you!
I also think it's beautiful that you spent part of your date praying for others to choose life...such a wonderful gift.
So beautiful...just so beautiful!! you and your little girl just make me smile and that glorious belly - God's awesomeness at work for sure. I can't wait to "meet" your newest miracle!!
ReplyDeleteI want to go shopping with you. You have the cutest clothes! Also, your belly is adorable. Generally I just think you are awesome all around...no pun intended. ;) Can't wait to meet your new babe. And, Hannah is so cute I can't even stand it.
ReplyDeleteIf I wasn't stalking you on facebook too, I'd be wondering if there was progress! Praying for you and that little one tonight.
ReplyDelete(as you know, that pic of you and Hannah made me squeal with delight yesterday :) )
I love that your date night included praying at the 40 Days for Life!
ReplyDelete