Friday, March 15, 2013

Quick Takes-Life With Two and a Pope to Top it Off

-1-
Today is Day Numero Uno for me staying home with both kiddos by myself. The last of our visitors flew out this morning and Ted went to work to catch up from the last two weeks. So far, so good.  But then again, they've only been awake simultaneously for less than two hours. Hannah has happily played by herself during two twenty minute nursing sessions and has uncharacteristically left me alone while I use the bathroom. Paul still spends most of his life sleeping. Ted stayed home long enough for me to get a shower in. And I actually found the time to make myself a semi-legit lunch. Grilled cheese and a salad. If ever I doubt God's mercy, refer me back to this post. He has been very, very merciful to me on my first day of our new life together.

-2-
We've had family staying with us every day since Paul was born on March 4th. First my parents arrived just moments after he was born. Then Ted's mom landed in Florida just a few hours after my parents left. And my two sisters came right before Oma left. We are so blessed! 

Some pictures of the kiddos with my parents and their awesome aunts: (Oma made me promise not to post her picture publicly because she is crazy and didn't think she looked good enough in it and I am playing the part of obedient daughter-in-law.)



-3-
Paul's ninth day of life brought his first outing to the local zoo/museum (zooseum?). Other than the car ride home from the hospital, it was the first time Hannah and Paul rode in the backseat together. She did this


the entire time.

You know how you love your husband infinitely more the moment he becomes a father? I loved her infinitely more the moment she became a big sister. Cliche but true-your heart only grows bigger with each new little soul that is placed into it.

-4-
 A photo comparison:




As a baby, Hannah a lot more hair and it was much darker. Does this mean I'll get the blonde little boy I've dreamed of?? I think they have the same eyes and nose. Paul lacks Hannah's incredible eye lashes-which is definitely good for his manliness.

Allow me a moment to brag.

We make dang cute kids.

-5-
I don't really have anything to say for number five so......

-6-
I'll just skip to six. I don't want to play favorites but....Paul's longest stretch of sleep was already longer than Hannah's when she was a whopping twelve months old. I love them both equally, I swear.

-7-
I know this one should have been first-can I pretend like I was saving the best for last?

We have a pope! My sisters and I were just about to leave for the zooseum when I heard bells coming from the live feed on the computer. I hadn't had it on at all during the conclave-we were just too busy this week. I turned it on about an hour before the white smoke and actually forgot it was on. I guess the Holy Spirit or our guardian angels didn't want us to miss out! We watched the smoke and the bells but couldn't stick around for the announcement. So we all found out via text message from my mom who was watching it online. Pope Francis! I love him already! And it feels so good to have our papa back.

Here's a video of us celebrating. Be very impressed with Hannah's pronunciation of "habeums".


We had an ice cream party to celebrate last night. We wanted to do something more Argentinean, but I was tired and we had ice cream leftover from Paul's welcome home party. The best part of the entire conclave and new pope festivities? Hearing Hannah say, "Habemus....ice cream....pope!"


Happy Weekend! Starting my first day alone on a Friday was a very, very good idea.

8 comments:

  1. love, Love, LOVE #3!!! I love when my kids do stuff like that. Melt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie! I love him! Your family is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3...oh my gosh, what an adorable picture! Most definitely a pic you'll treasure forever (and take out whenever they bicker down the road) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two favorites..the holding hands photo and Pope Francis. The phrase I have read in most blogs about him "I love him already" and so do I!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul looks like a boy and Hannah looks like a girl- right from the beginning! My Paul was the same way. Manly right from the start. Isn't it so neat?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...Hannah is a spitting image of your dad! But, in that picture with your sisters she looks just like Mary-Grace. But then again, we already knew that.

    My first day with two went surprisingly well too! I pray they continue to go smoothly. But when it gets rough...try to look towards 6 months. Everyone told me that's when it gets easier and it so does!

    You and Ted do make dang cute kids!!!

    Totally agree! I loved Mary-Grace so much more after Hannah was born. And it still grows as she gets older and I see the big sister roll she's taking on so well...most days.

    Grilled cheese and salad is totally legit! I'm still lucky if I can sneak in an apple.

    I would totally favor the kid who slept like that! Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, Hannah holding Paul's hand is so sweet! And I am very impressed with her pronunciation of "habemus". I think she says it better than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet video of Hannah of saying "Habemus Papam"...too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!