-1-
Still here. Still pregnant. Still cranky.
-2-
And, as I expected, Ted and I both caught Hannah's cold. So now we're all three sick. More than anything this week I need to be distracted by play-dates and lots and lots of walks. I can do neither. We're going on day three of not changing out of our pajamas or leaving the house. And that's when Hannah and I start to get at each other's throats. Poor girl. She didn't ask for such a cranky, tired, sick, and overdue mommy. We'll make it up to you with the coolest little sibling ever sweet girl. Someday. Eventually. Maybe.
-3-
Moving on....I loved watching the little bit of coverage that I was able to catch on Benedict's final hours as pope yesterday. It served as a great distraction. And unless the conclave elects our new pope's really, really quickly (it hasn't even started yet) or this baby is determined to make me the most miserable woman on the planet-our second child will be born during a time of a no-pope Church. That will be a fun little factoid for their future. Kind of cool, I think. If it's a boy-how awesome would it be if the new pope took the same name we chose? Fingers crossed.
-4-
I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out that honey and lemon in hot water make your throat feel better. Really, really quickly. Did everyone else already know this? I'm on my second mug now and my sore throat is just about gone. Now, what makes me have enough energy to do laps for hours on end?
-5-
Ted is being as sweet as he normally is and planning things to look forward to for each day ahead. Tonight-strawberries dipped in dark chocolate after Hannah goes to bed. Tomorrow-mozzarella sticks and limeades from Sonic and a trip to our local zoo/museum. Sunday-nothing yet, but I'm sure we'll come up with something. Monday-oh my, I'm going to lose my mind just thinking about still being pregnant on Monday.
-6-
Hannah finally-after nearly a year of me asking-named her baby dolls. Her chosen names? "One Babies" and "Two Babies". I love it. She's so logical. Those are such "Hannah" names.
-7-
Trying reeeeeaaaallllly hard to not make this last quick take about being super pregnant.........trying not to mention how ready I am to meet this baby.........trying to end on a positive note.......oh! I know. I currently have 199 followers. Come one-someone make this pregnant lady's day and click follow. Put me to 200. It will make me happier than going into labor! Well, no. Not even close. But it will make me smile :)Update: "The Veil of Chastity": you made my stinkin' day. To be topped only by my water gushing all over the place. Thanks for being lucky 200!
Hope your weekend's more fun than ours! Unless we have a baby-then I hope ours is the best.
Ted is such a good guy. I wish we lived closer and our husbands could go fishing together while we sat around and talked and our kids played.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your chocolate covered strawberries and knowing your baby's birth month if not birth day.
ReplyDelete200 followers, wow!
For what it's worth, castor oil jump started my labor with my only overdue baby.
ReplyDeleteDoes your doctor/midwife have a time limit for you being overdue? I know our hospital is weird about that stuff so it makes me nervous come June. Hope the baby comes soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised you didn't know about the honey, either - try a little garlic in it too and you'll really feel better faster. Also I've already thought about the new pope taking his name... You know, because I'm mostly sure it'll be a boy. Such a historical time!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Ted! I think that is such a great idea to plan something each day so you're thinking ahead rather than behind. I'd do just about anything to get treats from Sonic, especially mozzarella sticks!
ReplyDeleteMy mom carried me ten days past due. I didn't arrive on my dad's birthday, Christmas, or New Year's and my mom heard "I'm sure she'll arrive on __________" through each one of them.
I'll be thinking of you and praying for you throughout the weekend!
Kaitlin, I had the strangest urge to pray for you and your baby in the middle of class one day this week. Your husband is so sweet, and I'm excited for your baby to get here! Continuing to pray for you! :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you this weekend!
ReplyDeleteNo, I've never tried the honey and lemon thing, but I want to remember this! I feel like I've heard it a billion times, but never really took it seriously.
ReplyDeleteHope baby comes soon!!