Monday, March 25, 2013

Today I'm Realizing...

...that a morning shower is more important than I ever realized.

...that I'm really, really, really bad at waking up before the kiddos so I can get a jumpstart on the day.

...that rolling out of bed when they both cry from their cribs isn't-gonna-cut-it!


...that a friend calling to tell me that she's bringing me lunch is one of the nicest things anyone could possibly do for me.

...that having babies really makes Lent go by quickly.

...that things are never going to get back to "normal". We just need to find our new normal and embrace it. We have a whole new person in our lives-why would I want the old normal anyway?

10 comments:

  1. long time reader...first time commentor...

    You are doing a wonderful job with your beautiful children.
    From the mother of four who knows that the SCARIEST time in my life was when I had my second at the hospital and I realized for the first time I would have to deal with TWO. (duh) I did well and you will too with Gods Grace! Much love and prayers from Katie in Kansas City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably the very best point; about getting used to a new normal! I struggled with that after we had #2 until I realized that adding another family member to your home is just that's a new normal, and the best thing to do is to figure our how to make the new normal work! :) I've got to figure it out for #3 now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right! You had a new normal with Hannah and now another new one with Paul. :) I wish we lived closer, I would come over all the time! C would LOVE to play with Hannah! Don't forget that you are terrific. :) You are a wonderful example of Catholic motherhood. You're an inspiration to me, whether you feel like one or not. :) I am so thankful for our friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still working on getting up before the kids and showering. It's so hard but whenever I do it I feel so much better!


    And yes! You have to find your new normal! You will find it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. About that whole shower thing. I know what you mean. It's hard to start the day with that as a 1st priority, but I feel it makes a world of difference for me. And staying ahead of the curve is so wonderful with kids...but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way and it's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laugh, but only because I know what you mean! Being outnumbered is hard. Showers and alarm clocks are a thing of the past....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both in their cribs?!?! Girl, you are doing great! Both in their cribs!!! Yay!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say... Sleep until the last minute possible for at least a few more weeks until you're out if newborn phase... But hey I've not been there yet! I think you're doing amazing work. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A.M.E.N! to each point! You're doing great for just figuring those out - implementing them might be sporadic, esp right now, but knowing what helps you feel like yourself is huge! That before-they're-up shower is *almost* more important than coffee...and happens about as frequently as a lunar eclipse, but boy do I feel like I got a jump on the day! God bless your Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A shower is a big luxury and I never take them lightly anymore. Sometimes they are simply a necessity, sometimes they are a perk, but always greatly appreciated. I can't remember the last week I got a shower every single day. I'm happy to get every other day.

    Whenever a new baby comes along, normal changes because the family changes. It is always an adjustment for everyone. For us it is when daddy takes over more responsibility with the toddler so I can care more for the new baby. And it is when the other kids learn to be a bit more patient, help us out more and enjoy their new sibling. And it can be hard to find that new normal but once it settles in, things do get easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!