Sunday, March 3, 2013

What I Wore Sunday Because No, I Haven't Had That Baby Yet (5)

Let's get one thing clear. I may be smiling in these pictures, but I am not happy. I wasn't going to ruin the pictures even further (my lack of patience and caring resulted in the following ugly background and blurriness) by wearing a frown. If I may say so, I'm a pretty good fake smiler.

I definitely didn't think I would still be pregnant for another What I Wore Sunday post. I thought  I would have a baby in my arms. Or at least be able to post a picture of me in a hospital gown. But alas, here I am. 41 weeks with absolutely no sign of a baby coming any time soon. I wouldn't normally wear something so short to Mass, but I'm pretty sure God understands at this point. Actually, I think he would have understood if I wore a giant black trash bag and called it a day. But thanks to a pretty legitimate cold front here in Florida, I was able to pull together a decent outfit on this joyous 41 week occasion.


The blurry details:
Shirt: Maternity dress from Kohls, a gift from my mom when I was pregnant with Hannah. I cut it short to make it more of a tunic so I could get daily use out of it rather than just dress-up occasions. Love jersey-no hem required.
Sweater: Forever 21, forever ago. The single most loved and worn item in my closet. I would be lost without it.
Scarf: Another gift from my mom, Target
Tights: Kohls
Boots: a gift from my sister, some shoe store in a mall somewhere. I actually planned the entire outfit around the boots. The zippers keep Hannah quite entertained during Mass. And I knew I would need an "entertained Hannah" during Mass today.

And the bump, in all its glory.


If I'm here again next week, you-know-what is gonna hit the fan. And no romantic steak dinner courtesy gift cards and free babysitting for us this week. Although my sweet hubby is grilling steaks at home. And Hannah's fun to hang out with. So this day still has something to look forward to.

Check out the other bloggers at Fine Linen and Purple for some non-cranky church clothing chat. And stayed tuned next week for What I Wore Sunday from the Insane Asylum (6)

22 comments:

  1. I'm predicting a Tuesday birth, for no real reason. Hang in there! Go for some bumpy car rides, long walks, etc.

    You look great - definitely rocking the fake smile, I would never guess you were 41 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetheart...You look wonderful even if you are grumpy and more than ready to birth this child. I will be praying for you and your hubby as your time draws closer by the minute. Blessings to you...you'll be holding your miracle soon. I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaitlin, I said a prayer for you to have that baby, when I read your WIWS post last week. I guess God has other plans! My second was born at 42 weeks, and even then I had to be induced! Turns out she is a cuddle-bug who loves to be held. I think it's a survival mechanism to make sure she isn't overshadowed by her big sister. Anyway, I thought I was going crazy that last week or so. Hang in there! I'll pray some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, a'glowing and all! I think you look fabulous. From one mom to another, you will look back at these photos and smile. Girl, you look good. Here's praying we see a sweet little baby in your arms next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said a quick prayer for baby to make a swift appearance. :) You look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress (one of my favorite colors!), and the scarf. Hope you have a baby in your arms next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit. I love the boots. Praying that your little one arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look stunning. there is nothing wrong with faking it if you're offering it for Him.

    i commend you for even going to Mass at 41 weeks.

    continued prayers for you and baby. my lil' guy decided to wait until 41 weeks and 5 days. the extra days were a nice Lenten penance for me. ;)

    ALL FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look stunning. there is nothing wrong with faking it if you're offering it for Him.

    i commend you for even going to Mass at 41 weeks.

    continued prayers for you and baby. my lil' guy decided to wait until 41 weeks and 5 days. the extra days were a nice Lenten penance for me. ;)

    ALL FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you hate me if I told you that you make a really beautiful pregnant lady?? Hopefully that baby makes his/her appearance soon...which undoubtedly they will. As always, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no way that bump is making it to next week's link-up. No way. Good job looking adorable despite your disposition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh! I am hating life for you right now! That feeling of every. single. second. wondering. Make a woman crazy. You truly do look amazing, though. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh. I'm sure it's no fun. Prayers from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you sure look gorgeous! I was so anxious to meet C but then after she was born I missed being pregnant, too. :) Take comfort in knowing that no woman has ever been pregnant forever!! That baby WILL come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, you look great!! Second, I do that all the time cutting jerseys, no hem, I cut the length, I cut the sleeves, I love it, no hems!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering if you had had the baby. But HELLO, do you ever look gorgeous! I love that color on you!

    Okay, prayers for a smooth delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love that color with the scarf! Hang in there, you'll meet your little one soon...can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a totally adorable 41 week pregnant lady!!!

    We went 10 days overdue with Hannah. 10 days!

    It was Spring, so every day I ripped up more of my front yard. What start out as a small garden project ended up being our entire front yard. Then the baby came and I never gardened again. The whole thing became a massive tangle of weeds. We were the eyesore of the neighborhood for the entire summer.

    Keep going. The Baby is worth the wait every time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for you! Take comfort in the fact that you look awesome. ;) I looked like baby beluga by 37 weeks. Clearly God and de bebe thinks you make an excellent incubator. It will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a lurker more than anything but wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and so excited for you even if you are terribly miserible right now. Hang in there. All in God's good time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Update the blog please! We want details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!