Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why I Love My Husband

 

He teaches Hannah really important toddler stuff. Like how mommy buys her finger nail polish according to a normal distribution. Notice the bell curve.

As soon as I leave the kitchen, he changes whatever music I had on and turns on Kenny Chesney. The other day I came back in and caught him singing and dancing around the kitchen with Paul.

He brought Hannah some tadpoles that he found on an overnight work trip he had last week (what? Doesn't your husbands bring tadpoles back from work trips?) She LOVED them. Then he spent all weekend in the garage with her so she could play with them.




Since we're too chicken to tell her the tadpoles have to go bye-bye (actually, she killed most of them because she played with them too much....) he took them to work without telling her. To avoid a meltdown when he gets home from work and she asks to go play with them, he picks her fresh blackberries from the bushes near his office to distract her. Hopefully she'll forget about them in a few days.....

And his sweetness isn't just for the kiddos. Last night, after I complained that I wanted to re-do my blog but was having a hard time getting it done in one big sweep (Blogger-ever heard of a 'save' button??), he suggested I spend the evening doing just that. Then he did all the dishes, picked up the toys, and cut up veggies for the next few meals. While I sat on the couch with wine.

What do ya think of the new look? I was sick of the pictures at the top. I wanted it to be a bit cleaner but still have something to it. Did I succeed? Does the color combo work? Am I cheating for putting up a picture of myself from Easter Sunday when I only actually take the time to look like that about three times a year and normally have no makeup and messy hair? Yes. But I don't care.


11 comments:

  1. you look beautiful ,its a nice photo. The old layout was nice also... but even i like to shift things around every once in a while :)Yes,your hubby is very thoughtful and loving...Praise God !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    Was she distracted by the blueberries?
    New design looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look and the story of changing the music to Kenny Chesney every time that you leave the room. Big KC fan here and it makes me happy when my toddler yells, "Kenny Chesney!" whenever he hears a KC song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this series of Why I love my Husband!! I´ll write one soon. Love the picture with them arranging the nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a keeper (both the hubby and your blog design!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the tadpoles story is too cute. Love the new blog look too - sometimes we just need a little bit of a clean slate! And you are totally allowed to put up a picture that doesn't fully show who you are day-to-day. I could never decide which picture to use so I used a picture from when I was 3. It works... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. like the new look! nothing wrong with a picture of one's self from a joyful day, esp the Feast of Feasts!

    Yay for your husband! I have a wonderful one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the layout! And tadpole drama is sad. My dad and I once broke the speed limit trying to get to the grocery store in time to get distilled water to save them from a chlorinated death. We were not successful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I'm going to take away from this post is the part about you sitting on the couch with a glass of wine. Of boy. I can barely remember what that feels like. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this way. And your DH is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!