Friday, May 10, 2013

Quick Takes-My Awesome Kids

I've been extra complainy this week. Maybe not on the blog, but definitely in real life. Mostly about my kids. So this quick takes is dedicated to the awesome things they did this week. Because the cure for complaining is gratitude and I am so grateful to have such awesome kids.

-1-
Paul laughed!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything cuter or sweeter than a nine week old baby laughing for the first time. (Ok, technically he laughed once last week for my friend Summer. But I missed it so it doesn't count.)

 
-2-
While I was reading my morning prayers from the Magnificat, Hannah was playing nearby and overhead me read On Sinai you gave the law of the covenant to Moses. She took off running to her room, came back with her Old Testmant Picture Bible, turned to the story of Moses in the basket, and proudly proclaimed, "Moses!"

Parenting win. I decided at that moment she could watch however much Barney she wanted to that day.


-3-
She also drew her first smily face this week. What the heck? How is she old enough to draw a real thing instead of just scribbling. She then made another one and proceeded to draw a stick body, two arms, and two legs. They didn't touch at all, but holy cow.


 
-4-
I tested dairy with Paul one day this week. (Cream in my coffee. Best morning I've had in weeks!) I wish I could say his "awesomeness" comes from the fact that he was totally fine with it and I can have good coffee every morning. But he wasn't. He was miserable. And while the thought of having the next one to two years without dairy and the hassle of not being able to eat anything almost anywhere except my house is frustrating, his fussiness that day made me realize what a good baby he really is. When he's not hurting from the cream in my coffee, he is calm and laid back and so so so sweet. We got so lucky with him.

-5-
Both kids seemed to enjoy each other a little more this week. Paul was smiling at Hannah as much as he smiled at me. And she was much more gentle and careful with him than ususal. They like each other! They really like each other!
 
-6-
Hannah has been incredibly polite this week. She'll repeat "yes ma'am" but says "yes please" on her own. But instead of saying "thanks" she now says "thanks mom". Not acceptable. You are too young to call me "mom"!
 
 


 -7-
Paul had his two month appointment and is 85% for weight and off the charts for height. Way to go Tall Paul.
 
 
How could I not be grateful for these two? I've hit the jackpot.


19 comments:

  1. We get plenty of smiles from Leo but still no laughter and he's ten weeks!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried canned coconut milk (full fat) in your coffee?? It tastes different but good (in my opinion). I'm still on the lookout for food allergies with Veronica. She has never had any noticeable skin issues or fussiness but she does have lots of gas sometimes. I fear it could be dairy, but I feel like I can't survive without dairy!! (I'm sure you feel the same way and this is killing you!). I guess you don't notice a difference between raw dairy and pasteurized dairy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the pictures!
    Totally agree with you that gratitude is the way out of a funk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute. I love when mine are sweet with each other. Makes all the other craziness totally worth it. I commend you on your efforts to get out of the complaining funk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are pretty awesome! And Hannah drawing actually things - what the heck kid? She's not old enough for that nonsense! :) And calling you mom...um no! Mary-Grace did that about a week ago...sorry kid! Not allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are awesome...with out without cream! Sorry you have to go dairy free again!

    The pictures are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are faaaaaaabulous kids, fo' sho'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whhhaaaat? A stick figure? Crazy talent! I have a 3 yr old who still draws nothing but messy scribbles!

    And your kids are adorable- I will be coming back here more often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just so amazed at how much Paul has transformed already! Playing connect the dots from his newborn picture to today is just unreal. Love those blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower from 7QT here; I just recently started going off of dairy for my baby, too. I cheated (too much) today, even though I haven't been perfect about it, and he has been miserable this evening. I was wondering why and just made the connection with your blog. So I guess that's it, then...no more dairy. :( It'll be worth it, though, for a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures! I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beth made sweetned condensed coconut milk....You might like that....

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Different Heidi here.) No dairy isn't fun - but it is worth it, and it was easier this 2nd time around than the 1st time, even though it took longer (probably because I discovered that butter isn't a problem!). Hope it isn't for you two, either - I can live without cheese, and even without ice cream, but butter...that's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh your kids are precious. And awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great kids you have. :)

    Bummer about the allergy to dairy. Hopefully he'll outgrow it by 1 year. Lydia was over her dairy sensitivity by then, though my boys still have it.

    Why can't we just EAT ALL THE FOOD! ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. UGH DAIRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I need to call you about muscle testing. It was CRAZY. But accurate. I'll try to call you tomorrow.

    LOVE that first picture of Paul!

    Cannot BELIEVE Hannah drew that. WHAT the heck? I won't let Abigail use crayons or such yet. She still eats them! We do the occasional scribble, but NOTHING like that. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy your blog so much that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Please Visit my site to pick up the award.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy your blog so much that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Please Visit my site to pick up the award.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!